Application for Holding a Conference/Workshop at the Eide Center
The Eide Center is available for small academic conferences related to China, Inner Asia or greater East Asia. The meeting rooms at the spacious Center can accommodate groups from 10-60 people comfortably. The lecture hall holds 60 people, and the reconfigurable smaller meeting rooms 20 people. There is free Wifi available throughout the facility as well as a large kitchen and indoor and outdoor areas with seating that can be used for meals and snacks.
The Center staff will provide administrative support and provide information regarding local accommodations, travel, and catering. Staff members will be on site throughout the conference. When preparing your application, please keep in mind that Sarasota is a very popular vacation destination, and demand and prices for accommodations and travel will be highest between December and March.
DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but they should be submitted to email@example.com at least one year before the proposed meeting date.
Applications will normally be reviewed within two months.
Your application should contain the following information:
- Conference Title
- Name of organizer(s): position, organization, contact information (Please attach a short CV of the principal organizer)
- List of proposed participants: names, institutions, topic of presentation.
- Planned length, format, and structure of the meeting, including proposed schedule of presentations
- What size meeting spaces do you need: lecture room or smaller meeting rooms?
- Goals and objects of the conference/workshop. Please include any plans for publication or circulation of the results to a wider audience.
- Preferred dates (arrival, departure). Please list at least one alternative set of dates.
- Include the conference budget.
- What is your funding source, and has it been secured? If not, when you will be notified?
A final report will be expected after the completion of all approved conferences.